The trials and tribulations of a boating dog

Wednesday, 27 February 2013


In my last blog I said that something was going on and there was – we have been caravanning!


I wasn't too sure about the big cream thing that appeared to be very close to the car as we were driving along but as Pa wasn't worried I settled down for a sleep.


We drove into a fairly large field where we were greeted by a very nice lady and her Westie called Bertie. They were very welcoming and Bertie showed me round the field and the best places to go.

DSCF0384The inside of the caravan isn't very big so my bed was put up on the bench where Pa sits - I thought I might get some food at meal times but I was made to stay in my bed. However the best part of caravanning was that I was allowed to sleep up on Ma and Pa's bed at night though I was told to stay in my bed which, being the good boy that I am, I did. I had to get up twice through the night for a pee but didn't wake up again until 7am.

The days went by with lots of walks and trips out in the car. I didn't see much of Bertie as he went away but I didn't mind too much as I had lots of attention from Ma and Pa.

After the first night I only had to get up once during the night and still didn't wake up til 7ish.


On our last morning we went to the seaside. I was promised sea and sand but all I got was lots of sand as the tide was out whatever that means but there was definitely no water. I met lots of dogs on the beach which was exciting but I really wanted to be picked up and carried - but as hard as I tried M and P weren't having it.

Packing the caravan up to go home was amusing - running in and out of the awning as they took it down. There was one time when I thought I was going to be packed up in the bag with the awning but I got out just in time.


It's been a wicked few days and I really enjoyed the caravan - apparently we are going away again in two weeks’ time when I will meet my cousin Niamh - I hope she likes to play J

No comments:

Post a Comment