The trials and tribulations of a boating dog

Sunday 31 March 2013

My boat

Well now I know what a boat is! 

Me and my boat
After a very long 4 hour car journey - I was very good and only needed to stop once – we arrived at Swanley Bridge Marina and I was introduced to Mary H.  She floats on the water – clever stuff eh, I reckon I would probably sink – and is very long and narrow.  I wasn’t too sure about the big steps to get down into the cabin and had to have a helping hand.  I had a good nose around and once my bed and toys came on board I felt a bit happier.

There was a lot of toing and froing with all the things from the car and soon you couldn’t see the floor for bags and boxes.  Gradually they seemed to disappear and I could move around again.  We had to go shopping but of course I was left in the car – I’m sure I could smell treats in one of the bags J

 At bedtime I could see Ma and Pa getting ready but I wasn’t too sure where I was going to sleep but, surprise surprise, I was allowed to sleep in their room although on the floor in my bed.  I managed to sleep through till 5.30am when I really needed a pee and couldn’t hold it any longer.  Pa got up with me and we walked up the pontoon to a nice grassy area.  It was very cold and the water in the marina had gone hard but Pa said that it wouldn’t be a good idea to try and walk on it.  We both went back to bed and slept till 7.45am – late for me!

Today I met a very large white “dog” - well it looked like a dog to me but Ma said it was a swan.  It made a loud hissing noise and somehow made itself twice as big as it had been.  I really wanted to play but something made me decide not to – Ma said that was a good move.

I did it!
I was getting fed up with Ma laughing at my attempts to get my short legs up the big steps onto the deck and have finally worked out how to get up – I have to take a run at it!

Apparently this afternoon “we are going out” – goodness knows what that means but I have had a fitting for my harness and the boat hook is at hand – it’s a bit worrying really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment