The trials and tribulations of a boating dog

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Caravanning in the Cotswolds

What an exhausting few days but great fun. I’ve now met my cousin Niamh who, to be quite honest, is rather miserable L I’m told that she is 13 so I guess I have to make allowances but there really is no need to snarl at me all the time! However she does like to run around so I joined in and as long as I didn’t get too close she didn’t seem to mind.

The source of the River Thames
 
Once again I was allowed to sleep up on the bed in the caravan but I did hear rumours that next time it might have to be on the floor as I am growing so fast.  I only had to get up once each night which is a great improvement on last time.

On our first day we went to Cirencester where I walked round the town – my first trip to a town and, I have to say, I didn’t really like it much.  After that we went to find the source of the River Thames – as if I really cared but there was a lovely field to run about in and I had a little paddle too.

Broadway Tower
 
The next day we went to see a tower near Broadway, it wasn’t much fun as I had to stay on my lead which was a shame as the field looked really inviting.  Next was Bourton on the Water where we did a walk round the village which wasn’t really up my street but there were some nice smells.  Niamh has explained smells to me and, I have to admit, some are very interesting. 
 
Lunch time at Bourton on the Water
I didn’t like the caravan site much as there were lots of caravans there and I wasn’t allowed to wander around as I did last time.  I kept forgetting and would be rudely interrupted on my walkabout and taken back to the caravan.  
 
Still I really enjoyed my few days and I understand that our next trip away will be to our narrowboat – whatever that might be!

No comments:

Post a Comment